Monday, May 21, 2012

Its been a rainy sort of day...

Today was a dreary, cold day in the city of Paris. As Molly said today, and I hate to break it to you folks, but "No city is romantic in the rain. Not even Paris." 

We started off our day with a treck to the Eiffel tower. It was pouring down rain, and my umbrella borke, so I was out of luck. Thankfully my wonderful friends took turns sheltering me under their umbrellas. Since it was so rainy, none of us would have been able to fully enjoy the famous tower for all its worth, so we decided to be hopeful about returning another (preferably sunny) day before we leave. 

On to plan B-the Louvre. First off, the Lourve is ginormous and beautiful, and the art work inside is just as amazing. We split up into two groups, and my group had a fun time interpreting the symbolism in paintings, admiring the famous Mona Lisa, and taking a tour of a "garden" of greek statues.

 Afterwards some girls decided to do some last minute shopping in this area before we leave for Biarritz tomorrow morning! We are all excited for the adventures to come. 

Au Revoir
Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment